We appreciate your interest in leasing one of our properties!
Please note that Marshall & Co. pays serious attention to keeping any of your documents protected and safe.
- Each applicant, 18 years or older, who will be living at the property, must complete our application, and provide necessary documents, to qualify for one of our properties.
- You may download the application, or receive one from one of our leasing agents, at the time of the showing. Please take the time to read our instructions page, to understand what is required.
- Each application must include a $30 non-refundable processing fee. Payment methods for this fee may be by check, cash, or money order. Your application will be processed once we receive your legible application(s) and processing fee. Please bring this to our office, between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Mon.-Fri. Kindly put the property address and your leasing agent’s name on the top right corner of your application.
Each application needs to be filled out completely. Please indicate your monthly gross income on the application. Proof of income is required for your application to be approved. If you are currently employed, you must show proof of income, by including your company’s most recent month’s, complete number of paystubs. If self-employed, please include only the first two pages of your most recent year’s tax return and your Schedule C. Please include the name, phone numbers, address, and how long you lived at the present and prior rental property, and include the current and prior landlord’s phone numbers as well. You must sign and date your application at the bottom of the application form, as this authorizes us to verify your information provided to us. We will attempt to process your application as quickly as possible. If you do your part on completing the application in full, and providing us with the necessary information, this will help the processing time required.
- Please include a color copy of your driver’s license.
- If the property is pet friendly, we require a photo of the pet(s), and any description as to the type of pet and breed, size, and age.
- Your gross monthly income should equal or exceed 3 times the monthly rent, however, some property Owners allow a 2.5 gross monthly income to rent ratio.
- We will obtain a copy of your credit report, run in-house, as soon as we receive your completed application. We do not accept a credit report that was run recently.
- Upon approval, you will have one business day to bring a non-refundable Cashier Check for the first month’s rent. No cash will be accepted for this rent. We will then take the property off of the market, and stop any showings. The Security Deposit must be paid by Cashier Check, as well.
- You will then need to schedule a lease signing with the agent you have been working with. At this time, our agent will explain, and answer any questions you may have regarding the lease and documents. Marshall & Co. believes that it is essential that our new Tenant understands what is expected of them, and what is provided.
- You will be assigned a property manager as soon as all the documents are signed, and all move-in funds are paid. Your manager will be “your voice” to the Owner, if necessary.
- Please note that your rent is due on the first of each month and is late, if payment is not received in our office, by 8:30am on the 6th day. You have two choices to pay your rent. Please either bring your rent payment, between 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday – Friday, or you may mail it to our office. It is important to write the property address on the top of the check, so we can identify you.